Martin D. Gould | Romanucci & Blandin
Direct Office Line: 312-253-8589
Martin D. Gould is an Associate Attorney at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC. As a trial lawyer, Marty represents victims of catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, auto accident, construction and other workplace accidents, nursing home negligence, aviation disasters, bullying and school cases, class actions, and police misconduct and civil rights actions.
Working alongside Antonio Romanucci, founding partner at the firm, Martin has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of those who have been harmed as a result of wrongful conduct. Recently, Martin and his team recovered $1.175 million on behalf of a woman who fell through a plexiglass covering on a rooftop; and $1.1 million in a wrongful death case in Wisconsin. Martin has worked on several other complex, high profile cases in multiple jurisdictions across the country. He has had numerous media appearances and interviews, including an appearance on ABC 7 News to discuss a case involving a video recording device that was unknowingly placed in his client’s bedroom, and appearances on the Legal Broadcasting Network and Russia Today to discuss a federal class action lawsuit against the City of Chicago.
Martin graduated toward the top of his class from Chicago-Kent College of Law, cum laude, and was a published member of the Chicago-Kent Law Review. He was also a Legal Writing Teaching Assistant and six-time recipient of the CALI Award for receiving the highest grade in the class in Legal Writing I, I & III, Illinois Evidence, Pre-Trial Civil Litigation, and Conflicts of Law. Currently, Martin is an active member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and volunteers his time on the Justice Council for the Center of Wrongful Convictions (Northwestern Law). Martin earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Northwestern University, where he was also a four-year member of the Northwestern Varsity Wrestling Team. The team placed 4th in the NCAAs Martin’s sophomore year in 2007.
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, cum laude, 2014
- Chicago-Kent Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Northwestern University, 2009
- In 2016 and 2017, Marty was selected as a Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, a distinction that is limited to only 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois.
- Illinois Bar Journal, The Admissibility of Social Media Evidence in Illinois, January 2017.
- Illinois Bar Journal, Social Media Evidence & Ethical Considerations, 2017.
- Chicago-Kent Law Review, The Conflict Between Forum-Selection Clauses and Consumer Protection Laws: Why Illinois Got It Right In Jane Doe v. Match.com, Spring 2015.
- Decalogue Tablets, How Technology is Driving Much Needed Police Reforms, 2016 Fall Edition
- Decalogue Tablets, “Legality of President Trump ‘Sending in the Feds’ to Chicago,” February 2017.
Media Appearances & Interviews
- RT America Live Interview with Anya Parampil, “ACLU Win Over Chicago Police Department’s ‘Stop & Frisk’ [Policies] is Start of Police Reform,” August 18, 2015.
- ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 10 p.m., Special Investigative Report with John Garcia, “Man Speaks Out After Finding Camera Hidden In Smoke Detector In Bucktown Apartment,” January 22, 2015.
- Legal Broadcasting Network Interview with Cecil Caulkins, “Lawsuit Challenges Chicago PD’s Stop and Frisk Policy; Attorney Martin Gould Explains,” April 29, 2015.
- WGN News at 5 p.m., “Legality of President Trump ‘Sending in the Feds’ to Chicago,” Investigative Report with Ben Bradley, January 25, 2017.
- BuzzFeed News, Interview with Reporter Tyler Kingdale, “A 19-Year-Old Killed Herself, and the Family Says Her School Could’ve Saved Her,” February 4, 2017.
- The Chadron Record, Interview with Record Editor Kerri Rempp, “Parents hope [Title IX wrongful death] lawsuit [against University] helps others,” February 7, 2017.
Speaking Engagements & Legal Presentations
- AAJ 2015 Annual Convention, Created “Overcoming Juror Bias in Police Misconduct Cases” Presentation with Antonio M. Romanucci, Montreal, Canada, July 13, 2015.
- Speaker, “Introduction to Personal Injury Law,” Chicago-Kent College of Law, October 20, 2015.
- Speaker, “Dr. Martin Luther King Forum: Civil Rights and the Chicago Police Department,” A Professional Responsibilities CLE Event, Chicago-Kent College of Law, January 21, 2016.
- Speaker, “Evaluating Bullying/Hazing and Police Misconduct Cases,” A Litigation CLE, Romanucci & Blandin, LLC, February 21, 2017.
- Speaker, “Section 1983: Litigating and Vetting Police Misconduct Cases,” CLE, Chicago Bar Association, February 23, 2017.
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Justice Council, Center of Wrongful Convictions (Northwestern Law)
- Northwestern Alumni Association
- Chicago-Kent Young Alumni Council
- Advocates Society (Polish-American Lawyers)
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- JUF, Young Lawyer’s Division
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Public Justice (PJ)
Legal Activities & Leadership
- Young Alumni Board Member, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2015-Present
- Board Member of Young Lawyer’s Division, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2015-Present
- Co-Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division, Decalogue Society of Lawyers, 2015-Present
- Board of Managers, Decalogue Society of Lawyers, June 2016-Present
- Torts Litigation Committee, Young Lawyer’s Division, Chicago Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Illinois, 2014
- Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Central District of Illinois, 2016
- Pro Hac Vice, Northern District of New York, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Middle District of Florida, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Western District of Louisiana, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Northern District of New Jersey, 2015
- Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2016
- Pro Hac Vice, New York, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, New York, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Florida, 2017
- Pro Hac Vice, District of Utah, 2017
- Pro Hac Vice, District Court of Minnesota, 2017
- Pro Hac Vice, Northern District of Indiana, 2017