Fraud Attorneys | Romanucci & Blandin
Fraud is the unlawful deception of another that was intended to result in personal or financial gain. Each state has specific legal definitions, but in Illinois, the plaintiff has to prove that:
- A false statement was made
- The defendant was aware that the statement was untrue
- The defendant’s intent was to use the false statement to encourage the plaintiff to act
- The plaintiff depended on the statement being true
- The plaintiff suffered damages resulting on their trust in the statement
Fraud is a criminal offense, but plaintiffs may also be entitled to compensation for damages since fraud is also an intentional tort. RB Law’s Chicago fraud attorneys have vast experience with intentional tort cases, including cases of fraud.
There is an assortment of situations in which fraud can be committed, which include:
- Consumer fraud
- False advertising
- Forgery of signatures or documents
- Health fraud
- Identify theft
- Insurance fraud
- Investment fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Securities fraud
- Tax fraud
The qualified intentional tort litigators at RB Law have the necessary skills and experience to handle your claim of fraud. Contact the Chicago intentional torts lawyers at Romanucci & Blandin for a free consultation if you or a family member has been a victim of fraud.
Free Consultation with a Chicago Fraud Litigation Lawyer
If you have questions regarding your fraud case, contact us today for a free consultation at (312) 458-1000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.