Join Our Proffessional Network on LinkedIn Follow RB Law on Twitter Like us on Facebook Join our circles on Google Plus Watch our channel on YouTube
Translate : Polski - Español - English

Call Today For A


(312) 458-1000 |

Motor Vehicle FAQ’s | Romanucci & Blandin

A: Each case can vary. There are some cases where the victim can sue the driver, and in other cases they may also be able to sue an additional party that the driver who was at fault. For instance, if you were involved in a drunk driving accident, you may also be able to sue the party who served the driver too much alcohol. Other examples include suing an auto repair shop for not properly fixing the vehicle, or the manufacturer of the car if there was a defect.

A: In most states, the at-fault party’s insurance will pay for any damages you suffered. In no-fault states, your insurance may cover some of the damages. If the party at fault does not have adequate insurance, your insurance company may have coverage written in to compensate you.

A: There are a number of factors that determine how long it will be before your case is concluded. Your injuries and their severity play into effect, since you will not want to settle your claim until your medical care is finished so you have a better understanding of any future medical bills. How long your recovery will take plays into the amount of time you need to resolve your claim. Another factor is if your case can be settled before going to court.

A: There is no established rule for how much a case is worth. Each case is different, and the value is determined after the case is analyzed. Information would need to be examined, such as the extent of the injuries, medical bills, loss of income, etc.

A: Most law firms take cases for personal injury for a contingency fee, which means that the attorneys do not get any money unless the case is won. If the law firm does not recover any money, then they do not receive a fee. In most cases, the client would be responsible for any court filing fees or witness fees, if the case is won or lost.

A: If you are injured in a car accident, medical attention should be sought out. Even if you are not filing a claim, you should see a physician to ensure that the injuries are not more severe than they appear, and to have documentation of the injury. Injuries from a car accident do not always appear right away.

A: You do not always have to go to court, since there are many accident cases that are resolved without filing a lawsuit. The majority of lawsuits are settled without going to trial. When each side comes to a settlement, the costs and time of a trial are avoided and may get you a greater recovery. If an agreement cannot be reached, it may be necessary to go to trial.

A: You should not accept a check from either party until you have consulted with an attorney. If you accept the check, it may be viewed that you are settling and could prohibit you from receiving any further compensation for your injuries. Attorneys will typically suggest that you wait until all of your medical treatment is complete and a doctor has released you.

Free Consultation with a Chicago Car Accidents Lawyer

If you have questions regarding your auto injury case, contact us today for a free consultation at (312) 458-1000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You pay nothing unless we win your case.

Free Consultation

Romanucci & Blandin Collection
RB Law Trial Attorney // Chicago Police Misconduct Attorney // Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Attorney // Stop Police Brutality Now // NFL Concussions Claims Center // Stop Sex Trafficking Now // Birth Injury Attorney // Trampoline Attorney // Child Safety Attorney // Nursing Home Abuse Attorney // Willowbrook Cancer Lawsuits // E Juul Cigarette Lawsuits